Every now and then I think it’s important to share things that someone else may or may not know about me. That way when someone else is feeling all “I am the only weirdo in the world who does this,” then maybe that weirdo will see this and realize that just maybe there are two of us weirdos in the world who do this.
1. Clowns really creep me out. I’m not scared of them. I just don’t like them. I don’t know what fruitcake way back in the beginning decided that painting up his face and sticking a ball on the end of his nose would make kids laugh, but dude! That’s just creepy.
2. I am an asymmetrical kind of person. I like chairs to be angled in so that people can see each other while they talk and I will hang frames in threes, like with a portrait frame next to two smaller landscape frames over top of one another. It makes my husband’s skin crawl because he is totally symmetrical and prefers right angles and even numbers.
3. I sometimes hang pictures and move chairs just to get on my husband’s nerves.
4. I really dig prime numbers.
5. I truly suck at keeping house, but when it comes to cooking, I will get all Martha Stewart on your ass. I am a Ninja dollar-stretcher and can feed a family of seven for about six bucks.
6. I would rather stick hot forks in my eyes than shop at a mall.
7. Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday of the year. (See getting Martha Stewart on your ass in #5.)
8. My favorite perfume EVER EVER EVER is Eclat d’Arpege by LANVIN.
9. Warner Brothers cartoons were my first introduction to classical music, opera, and Steinbeck’s literature. They are probably why I have such a huge appreciation for the arts…..and anvils.
10. My favorite weather ever is rain.